|Birth name||Roderick Woomble|
|Born||13 August 1976|
|Genres||Indie rock, Folk|
|Instruments||vocals, tambourine, guitar|
|Associated acts||Idlewild, John McCusker, Kris Drever, Kate Rusby, The Reindeer Section, Karine Polwart|
Roderick Woomble (born 13 August 1976) is a Scottish singer, songwriter and writer. He is the lead vocalist of indie rock band Idlewild, with whom he has recorded seven studio albums. In 2006, Woomble released his debut solo album, My Secret is my Silence, and released three subsequent albums.
In 2007, Woomble curated a collaborative studio album between Scottish writers and musicians, entitled Ballads of the Book, and recorded a collaborative album with folk musicians Kris Drever and John McCusker in 2008, called Before the Ruin.
In 2006, Woomble worked with several musicians including Kate Rusby, his wife Ailidh Lennon, songwriter Karine Polwart (to whom he presented the Horizon Award at the BBC Folk Awards 2005, and with whom he performed at Celtic Connections) and Idlewild guitarist Rod Jones on his debut solo album My Secret is my Silence, produced by John McCusker. The album was released in July 2006, and Woomble toured the United Kingdom in support of the album's release. My Secret is My Silence reached number one in the UK Folk Charts, and a year later, on 10 July 2007, My Secret is My Silence was released in the US on 7–10 Music.
Living in Edinburgh, he met Colin Newton and Rod Jones, both future members of Idlewild. He moved back to the United States after the success of Idlewild's Top Ten album, The Remote Part, and lived in New York City for some time.
- My Secret is my Silence (2006)
- Before the Ruin (2008) (with Kris Drever and John McCusker)
- The Impossible Song & Other Songs (2011)
- Listen to Keep (2013)
- The Deluder (2017)
- Lo! Soul (2021)
- Live at Kings Place (2014) (as Roddy Woomble & Band)
- Son of Evil Reindeer – The Reindeer Section
- The Girl Who Couldn't Fly – Kate Rusby
- Black Water – Kris Drever
- Under One Sky – John McCusker
- Andrew Williams. "60 Seconds: Roddy Woomble". Metro. Associated Newspapers Limited. Retrieved 21 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Biography". RoddyWoomble.com. 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Andrew Lindsay (27 January 2010). "Idlewild frontman begins work on second album". stereokill.net. Archived from the original on 16 July 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
-  Archived 11 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Idlewild | alternative". Lollipop. Retrieved 19 August 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
-  Archived 10 March 2007 at the Wayback Machine