This photo was taken by George McMaster. A view of the western 'face' of the ancient Burgh, taken from Fullarton Street at the end of the 60s/beginning of the 70s. All three villas in this photo were demolished shown depicted in this image (centre and right) were demolished shortly after this shot was taken. Two of the town's three major skyline features can be seen here: the steeple of the Town House (1862) on the extreme right, and Trinity Church (1862-96) just to the left of centre. On the extreme left of this image is the western end of Bridgegate (all of these properties met a similar fate to that suffered by the villas, within a few years of this date).